Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Manhattan Bag!



My friend Sarah Hart has one of these bags, hers is made out of Phifertex, a lightweight, but very durable outdoor fabric. I liked it so much that I wanted to have one too. She told me where and we proceeded to look at several locations in New York, but each place was out. Back home, I found the same phifertex fabric, and created the same bag, as I remembered it. I added an inside pocket and used heavy-duty zipper and pull to give a slight industrial look.

What can you put in a Manhattan bag? A sketchbook, a laptop, files, your lunch, an overnight bundle, Farmer's market produce, what ever you like.

I just finished making 8 bags. They measure approx 17" x 17", straps for over the shoulder, walking up 7th avenue, or South Beach. Cost, $80. I have them at Funk & Junk, or email if you are interested in one.

1 comment:

Peggy Sue McRae said...

I am hereby tagging you with the Six Random Facts meme. My friend Monika tagged me. I thought it sounded like a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.

To get the idea go see my post: On San Juan Island
http://onsanjuanisland.blogspot.com/